Israel closed its borders while UK tightened its rules on mask-wearing and testing of international arrivals. New cases were also found in Germany, Italy, Belgium, Israel and Hong Kong.
!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Self-censorship of journalists highest under Taliban: Former Afghan official
Under the Taliban’s oppressive regime self-censorship of the journalists has gone to the highest, said a former Afghan government official, adding that no government or institution is any longer promoting or supporting free media in the country.
Bharatiya Janata Party has issued a three-line whip to its Lok Sabha MPs to be present in the House on 29th November.
BJP MP Gautam Gambhir has allegedly received a third threat e-mail from ‘ISIS Kashmir’, Delhi Police also mentioned in the mail: Delhi Police
Uttarakhand: Dehradun DM directs officials to conduct surprise inspections in markets to ensure COVID-19 norms compliance
Dehradun District Magistrate R Rajesh Kumar directed officials to conduct surprise inspections in markets to see if Covid protocols are being followed or not.
Tripura CM asks Director General of Police to review UAPA cases against journalists, lawyers
Rape & murder of a 20-year-old woman in Mumbai’s Kurla | Two accused arrested in the case to be presented before a city court today
A 20-year-old woman was raped and killed by an unidentified person in Kurla area of Mumbai, Maharashtra. The woman’s body, which had started decomposing, was found in a vacant building. A case had been registered under Sections 376 & 302 of IPC, Mumbai Police said yesterday
- India’s Active Caseload (1,05,691) constitute 0.31% of Total Cases.
- 8,774 New Cases reported in last 24 hours.
- Less than 50,000 Daily New Cases reported
- India’s Recovery Rate currently at 98.34%.
- India’s Cumulative Recoveries over 3.39 Cr (3,39,98,278).d for 154 continuous days.
Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray to hold COVID19 review meeting today with all Divisional Commissioners and Collectors
Heavy rainfall lashes Rameshwaram; Red alert issued for the coastal districts of Tamil Nadu
A Low-Pressure Area is likely to form over the south Andaman Sea around 29th November, says IMD
South Africa, Botswana, Hong Kong flyers to be quarantined in Lucknow
- Flyers coming to Lucknow from these places will have to go in for a 10-day home isolation even if they test negative for Covid-19 at the airport
- All foreign travellers will also be tested through RT-PCR at the airport
PM Modi to address the nation in 83rd edition of ‘Mann Ki Baat’ today
- Mann ki Baat” is the Prime Minister’s monthly radio address, which is broadcast on the last Sunday of every month.
- The programme will be broadcast on the entire network of AIR and Doordarshan and also on AIR News and mobile app.
Bangladesh suspends travel from South Africa
Kuwait suspends direct flights with 9 African countries over new Covid-19 variant
- Kuwait will suspend direct commercial flights with South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Lesotho, Eswatini, Zambia, and Malawi, except for cargo planes.
- Kuwaiti citizens coming from those countries will be in quarantine for seven days starting today
Israel temporarily closes borders to prevent spread of Omicron COVID strain
- Israel has banned the entry of foreigners for two weeks in order to prevent the spread of the new Omicron coronavirus strain, the office of Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett informs
Delhi’s air quality continues to remain in ‘very poor’ category
- The overall Air Quality Index (AQI) in the national capital on Sunday morning stood at 372 in the ‘very poor’ category
- The PM 2.5 was recorded at 372 in the ‘very poor’ category at 6:20 am.
- Gurugram and Noida recorded AQI of 349 and 497 in the ‘very poor’ and ‘severe’ categories respectively
- Air quality is likely to slightly improve to AQI 355 and will remain in the “very poor” category tomorrow.
West Bengal reports 701 new COVID-19 cases
The positivity rate for the day for 1.88 percent. A total of 37,180 new samples were tested during the last 24 hours.
Karnataka reports 322 new COVID-19 cases, 3 fatalities
- Total cases: 29,95,285
- Active cases: 6,754.
- Positivity rate: 0.34 per cent
- Death toll: 38,196
- Case fatality rate: 0.93 per cent
Himachal announces new pay scales for state govt employees with effect from Jan 1, 2016
The pay of January 2022 will be payable in February 2022 as per revised pay scales,” said Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur.